We have enhanced the benefits for our Domestic Helper Insurance so you can protect your helper with comprehensive and affordable coverage. Here’s what you can expect:
1. COVID-19 coverage period extending beyond 14 days.
2. Preferential rates from $12.96 with GST5 for medical consultations through MediPass app6.
Please refer to the policy conditions for full coverage details and exclusions. You may also refer to the FAQs below for more information.
Here’s what you get with our Maid Insurance.
Protect your helper against accidental death or permanent disability due to an accident.
Cover your helper’s hospital and surgical expenses, which includes emergency overseas hospitalisation.
Waive the deposit required by a Singapore government restructured hospitals with the Letter of Guarantee if your helper is hospitalised.
Claim wages compensation of up to $35 for each day that your helper is hospitalised (up to 30 days).
Choose from either a 14-month or 26-month policy based on your needs.
Enjoy preferential rates from $12.96 with GST for medical consultations via the MediPass app.
Looking to employ a helper?
Here's our recommended maid agencies who can assist you.
View our panel of preferred maid agencies
Learn more about our new benefits.
Enhancements to our Domestic Helper Insurance
Your coverage at a glance.
|Coverage (Maximum Benefits)||Plan Type|
|Accidental death or permanent disability due to accident (per policy)||$60,000||$60,000||$80,000|
|Outpatient medical expenses due to injury (per policy)||$1,500||$2,000||$3,000|
|Domestic helper's personal liability (per policy)||$25,000||$25,000||$75,000|
|Special grant due to death||-||$2,000||$3,000|
|Expenses if you have to stop employing your domestic helper||-||$150||$500|
|Wages compensation (up to 30 days)||-||$20 per day||$35 per day|
|Hospital and surgical expenses (per year)||$15,000|
|Sending your domestic helper home||$10,000|
|Security bond to Ministry of Manpower (not applicable for Malaysian helpers)||$5,000|
Need more protection? Here’s how you can enhance your helper’s coverage.
MOM security bond protector
You can add on the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) security bond protector to your main plan, which will limit your liability of $5,000 under the security bond to MOM to only $250 if you did not cause the breach of the bond.
Additional hospital and surgical expenses coverage
You can increase your helper’s coverage for hospital and surgical expenses by topping this up to an additional $100,000 per year so that you are even more prepared in times of mishap.
We will handle all the paperwork for your helper’s work permit renewal and insurance. We will also courier the documents right to your doorstep.
How it works
Which plan is suitable for you?
For peace of mind
Includes personal accident, hospitalisation, personal liability and outpatient medical expenses due to injury for your helper.
Standard or Enhanced Plan
For adequate coverage, or if you are concerned about:
- Possibility of having to stop employing your helper if she suffers a serious injury of sickness as confirmed by a medical practitioner.
- Your helper being hospitalised and hence your domestic services are not carried out.
Our Standard or Enhanced Plan can offer you:
- Coverage for expenses if you have to stop employing your domestic helper.
- Wages compensation (up to 30 days)
What is the difference between Standard & Enhanced Plans?
The Standard and Enhanced plans offer additional benefits over the Basic plan, giving comprehensive protection to both you and your helper, with the Enhanced plan featuring higher levels of coverage.
Boost your protection
MOM security bond protector
If you have concerns that your security bond to Ministry of Manpower (MOM) may be forfeited due to events beyond your control.
Additional hospital and surgical expenses
If you are concerned about or want higher protection in the event of hospitalisation.
If you prefer a hassle-free experience in renewal and delivery of your helper’s insurance and work permit1.
1 Renewal of work permit is done by Income Enterprises Pte Ltd (license no. ).© 2023 Income. All rights reserved.
- The accidental death or permanent disability suffered by your domestic helper due to an injury must happen within 12 months from the date of the accident. The amount of benefit payable is subject to the scale of compensation in the policy contract.
- The final claim amount you will receive depends on the relevant pro ration factor applicable to the eligible hospital and surgical expenses being claimed.
- This Letter of Guarantee is only applicable if your domestic helper is hospitalised at a Singapore government restructured hospital, and is capped at a maximum limit of up to $15,000 per admission. Subject to individual hospital guidelines. Other terms and conditions apply.
- The renewal of work permit is done by Income Enterprises Pte Ltd (license no. 19C9753).
- For GST-registered panel clinics only. Cost inclusive of 8% GST.
- The application (“App”) is owned, hosted and managed by MY-INSURER PTE LTD, a service provider of Income Insurance Limited (“Income”). Income may from time to time change the service provider or terminate this service without prior notice. Income is not responsible for the contents of the App, the consequences of accessing the App, any transaction in the App and the services provided in the App. The App, the service and the benefits therein are not part of any insurance policy.
There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under this plan will not be payable. You can refer to your policy contract for the precise terms, conditions and exclusions of the plan. The policy contract will be issued when your application is accepted.
This page is for general information only. You can find the usual terms and conditions of this plan in the policy conditions. All our products are developed to benefit our customers but not all may be suitable for your specific needs. If you are unsure if this plan is suitable for you, we strongly encourage you to speak to a qualified insurance adviser. Otherwise, you may end up buying a plan that does not meet your expectations or needs. As a result, you may not be able to afford the premiums or get the insurance protection you want.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Income or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg ).
Information is correct as at 23 May 2023.
Apply for Domestic Helper Insurance.
The best deals. Just for you.
40% off Per-trip Travel Insurance plans! ✈️🧳
Insurance Savings Plan
Get up to $1,300^ worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Personal Accident Insurance
Get up to $200 shopping vouchers 🛍️ with our selected PA Plans!
15% OFF Yearly Travel Insurance plans 🗺️🧳✈️
🚗 Get up to 390,000 STAR$ when you safeguard your journeys today!
Get up to $150 worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Get up to $880^ worth of Takashimaya Vouchers 🛍️🛒
🏍️ Get up to 90,000 STAR$ and complimentary personal accident coverage!
Complimentary 1-year health insurance plan for your child 👶🏻
Interest-free Instalment Payments
30% OFF Enhanced Home Insurance! 🏠
Learn more about domestic helper insurance.
Get advice tailored to your needs.
We are here to help. Leave your contact details below and one of our Income Advisors will reach out to you in 3 working days.