Enjoy your studies overseas with complete peace of mind.
Enjoy peace of mind with 24-hour worldwide protection against personal accidents and outpatient medical expenses during your overseas studies.
Stay protected with up to $250,000 coverage against accidental death, accidental permanent disability, and up to $20,000 for overseas medical expenses incurred due to injury.
Safeguard your loved ones with a family plan when they choose to accompany you for your studies abroad.
Protect your leisure trips with Trip Protect rider. Get covered for common travel inconveniences such as loss or damage to personal belongings, loss of travel documents, trip disruption, and more.
Enhance your coverage with Overseas Medical Expenses rider. Safeguard against unexpected inpatient medical expenses due to sickness and injury with up to $200,000 coverage. Plus, get covered against COVID-19for greater peace of mind!
Your coverage at a glance.
|Benefits||Plan 1 Maximum benefit (S$)||Plan 2 Maximum benefit (S$)||Plan 3 Maximum benefit (S$)|
|Accidental death and permanent disability||$150,000||$200,000||$250,000|
|Overseas medical expenses incurred due to injury||$20,000||$20,000||$20,000|
|Emergency medical evacuation||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Need more protection? Enhance your coverage with a rider.
Be protected from the unexpected inpatient medical expenses with our Overseas Medical Expenses rider.
You can get up to $200,000 coverage for medical expenses incurred due to sickness and injury overseas. COVID-19 coverage is included when you opt for this rider.
Enjoy your leisure trips without worry with our Trip Protect rider.
Going for a holiday during your term break? Our Trip Protect rider protects your leisure trips against travel inconveniences such as theft or damage of personal belongings, unused entertainment tickets, trip disruption, missed connections, and more.
Your policy toolkit.
You must be:
1. Between 8 and 65 years of age; unless you are a child insured under a family cover, then you must be more than 30 days but less than 25 years of age and unemployed throughout the period of insurance; and
- Registered as a full-time or part-time student with an educational institution holding a valid student identification card issued by the educational institution and holding a Singapore National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) or valid Singapore student pass and residing overseas for purpose of study or student internship; or
- The legal spouse or child(ren) of the student insured under this policy and residing overseas with the student insured and holds a valid Singapore identification document such as a Singapore National Registration Identification; and
3. Studying or taking part in a student internship outside Singapore and outside your home country.
- This policy covers you when you are overseas except when you are living in or travelling to or through Afghanistan, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan or Syria. If your home country is not Singapore, please note that we do not cover claims arising in your home country under section 3 – Overseas medical expenses incurred due to injury, section 4 – Overseas medical expenses incurred due to sickness (outpatient medical treatment only), and Section 20a – Overseas medical expenses incurred due to sickness and injury. Section 14 – Kidnap and hostage also does not cover claims arising in your home country, countries in Central or South America, or Africa, or any country in which United Nations armed forces are present and active. Section 20b – Medical expenses overseas due to Covid-19 does not cover claims arising for Covid-19 treatment in Singapore or your home country.
- You will need to pay the first $100 for each visit of your outpatient medical treatment due to sickness.
- This benefit limit is applicable under Plan 3 (per insured person).
- This means covering a maximum of 2 adults with:
a. the insured person registering as the student; and
b. her legally married spouse;
and any number of their children more than 30 days but less than 25 years of age named in the schedule. The child(ren) must:
i. be the biological or legally adopted child of the adult described in paragraph a and b above; and
ii. not employed (full time or part time) during the term of the policy.
- Section 20a - Overseas medical expenses incurred due to sickness and injury of $200,000 is an overall section limit per insured person under ME Supreme. The most we will pay under this section is up to the overall section limit and sub-limits shown in the table of cover.
- You must fulfil all vaccination, pre-departure tests and post-arrival tests requirements (if any) imposed by the destination country or transport operator at the time your trip is booked. You need not submit the test result or proof of vaccination at the time you sign up for the Overseas Medical Expenses rider but you must furnish it to us at the time you submit the claim.
If you are overseas on the start date of the Overseas Medical Expenses rider, you will only be covered for COVID-19 after 14 days from the start date of the Overseas Medical Expenses rider.
There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under this plan will not be payable. You can refer to your policy contract for the precise terms, conditions and exclusions of the plan. The policy contract will be issued when your application is accepted.
This is for general information only. You can find the usual terms and conditions of this plan in the policy conditions.
All our products are developed to benefit our customers but not all may be suitable for your specific needs. If you are unsure if this plan is suitable for you, we strongly encourage you to speak to a qualified insurance adviser. Otherwise, you may end up buying a plan that does not meet your expectations or needs. As a result, you may not be able to afford the premiums or get the insurance protection you want.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Income or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Information is correct as at 16 March 2023.
Apply for Overseas Study Protection Plan.
The best deals. Just for you.
10% OFF Yearly Travel Insurance plans 🗺️🧳✈️
38% off Per-trip Travel Insurance plans! ✈️🧳
30% OFF Enhanced Home Insurance! 🏠
Insurance Savings Plan
Get up to $1,300^ worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Personal Accident Insurance
Get up to $200 shopping vouchers 🛍️ with our selected PA Plans!
🚗 Get up to 390,000 STAR$ when you safeguard your journeys today!
Get up to $150 worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Get up to $880^ worth of Takashimaya Vouchers 🛍️🛒
🏍️ Get up to 90,000 STAR$ and complimentary personal accident coverage!
Complimentary 1-year health insurance plan for your child 👶🏻
Interest-free Instalment Payments
Get advice tailored to your needs.
We are here to help. Leave your contact details below and one of our Income Advisors will reach out to you in 3 working days.