For all travellers, please note that COVID-19 is currently considered a known event and there will be no coverage for any claims arising from COVID-19 if you activate your travel insurance now. For further information on cut off dates and coverage, please refer to our COVID-19 Travel FAQs.
Enjoy extensive coverage for your travels.
Travel adventures should not stop with pre-existing medical conditions.
Learn more about our Enhanced PreX Travel Insurance.
How our Enhanced PreX Travel Insurance protects you when travelling with pre-existing medical conditions.
Here are some of the key items we cover.
|Benefits||Maximum benefit for each trip|
|Medical expenses overseas||250,000||500,000||1,000,000|
|Cancelling your trip||5,000||10,000||15,000|
|Loss/damage to personal belongings||3,000||5,000||8,000|
Enhanced PreX Plans
|Benefits||Maximum benefit for each trip|
|Medical expenses overseas||500,000||500,000||1,000,000|
|Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions||Includes overseas medical expenses and emergency medical evacuation||Includes overseas medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, as well as travel inconveniences like trip cancellation||Includes overseas medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, as well as travel inconveniences like trip cancellation|
Buy Online Now!
Your policy toolkit.
- Be living or working in Singapore
- Be holding a valid Singapore identification document (NRIC, employment pass, work permit, long-term visit pass or student pass)
- Be starting and ending your trip in Singapore
- Have bought and fully paid for your policy before leaving Singapore
- Be more than 30 days old
Your queries answered.
The coverage for all of the benefits in our travel insurance will be effective only when you are overseas except for the following:
- Personal accident
- Cancelling your trip
- If the travel agency becomes insolvent
- Postponing your trip
For Personal Accident, your cover starts when you leave the place you usually live or work (whichever is later) to start your trip, or three hours before the start date shown on your certificate of insurance, whichever is later. Cover ends:
- when you arrive at the place that you usually live or work after your trip;
- three hours after you return to Singapore;
- three hours after the period shown on your certificate of insurance; or
- three hours after the end of 180 days from the start of your per-trip policy (this applies to the Classic, Deluxe and Preferred plan), or three hours after the end of 30 days from the start of your per-trip policy (this applies to all Enhanced PreX plans) or three hours after the end of 90 days from the start of your trip under the yearly plan (as the case may be); whichever is earlier.
For insolvency of travel agency, your cover starts:
- at the time when you book your trip (this only applies for yearly plan); or
- on the date we issue your policy; whichever is later.
For cancelling your trip or postponing your trip, your cover starts:
- at the time you book your trip (this only applies for yearly plan); or
- on the date we issue your policy; or
- as shown under the section which applies; whichever is later.
Yes, our travel insurance will cover you against all travel related benefits except any conditions that arise from any of your pre-existing medical conditions¹. If you have pre-existing illness, we will recommend you to take up an Enhanced PreX plan which will cover pre-existing medical conditions. For coverage on pre-existing medical conditions, please refer to the section on Enhanced PreX plans.
¹Pre-existing medical condition refers to any injury or illness (including any complications which may arise):
- which you knew about before the start of your trip; or
- which you have received diagnosis, consultation, medical treatment or prescribed drugs for in the 12 months before the start of your trip; or
- which you have been asked to get medical treatment or medical advice for by a medical practitioner within 12 months before the start of your trip.
The pre-existing medical condition definition also applies to injury or sickness of your family member or travelling companion.
Leisure activities that are accessible to the general public/tourists such as bungee jumping, scuba diving, motorcycling (including pillion riding), horse riding, winter sports, water rafting are covered in our standard policy terms.
However, dangerous or professional sports and activities are not covered in our policy terms. You may contact us at 6788 6616 if you wish to check if the activity you are taking part in is covered.
No, a Family covers:
- one adult or two adults who are husbands, wives or partners at the time of buying the policy; and
- covering any number of their children under the same policy
You may wish to consider buying a family cover for you, your spouse and your child, and adding your father as an individual insured. This can be done by selecting a plan for your Family cover and then adding an insured on the next page.
Yes, children more than 30 days old but less than 21 years old can be insured as a child. You may refer to our premium table found on our website for details.
You can purchase a Child cover under all plans or choose to upgrade to an Adult cover under the Classic, Deluxe, Enhanced PreX Basic and Enhanced PreX Superior plans. Your child can be a policyholder if he/she is aged 16 years and above.
You can take up a per-trip travel insurance plan for a maximum duration of 180 consecutive days for the Classic, Deluxe and Preferred plan, and a maximum duration of 30 days for the Enhanced PreX plan. We are not able to accept coverage for more than 180 consecutive days.
We may provide one-way cover on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us with your travel details.
No, your period of insurance must include your entire trip from the date of departure from Singapore to the date of arrival in Singapore.
Your period of insurance will be automatically extended while you are overseas, at no additional premium for the first 14 days if:
- the public transport you are travelling on to return to Singapore is delayed and you cannot complete your trip when the policy ends, and you are not the cause of the delay; or
- you have to go into hospital or are quarantined overseas as advised by a medical practitioner
Print all queries
Learn more about Travel Insurance.
The best deals. Just for you.
20% OFF your Home Insurance & a gift worth up to $79 😁
Savings & Investment Plans
Get up to $1,200 Worth of CapitaVouchers
Term Life Insurance
Complimentary $50,000^ sum assured for Family Protect for the first policy year.
Drive confidently and get up to $200 CapitaVouchers! 🚗
Term Life Insurance
🙌 Hands up to a complimentary $50,000 LUV term life coverage for the first year.
Up to 20% off our protection plans
Personal Accident Insurance
😃 Get essential protection with i50 Insurance. Plus, enjoy up to $100 CapitaVouchers!
Complimentary one-year Health Insurance Plan for New-borns
Interest-free Instalment Payments