You will be eligible for Cancelling your trip benefit under the following conditions, provided they happen within 30 days before you are due to leave:
- Death, serious sickness or serious injury you, your family member* or travelling companion suffer. You must have bought your policy three days (or earlier) from the day you leave Singapore unless the event is only accidental in nature.
- Government authorities stop you from travelling overseas because you are suffering from an infectious disease.
- A sudden riot, strike or civil commotion breakout in Singapore or at the destination you plan to travel to.
- Natural disasters which happen in Singapore or at the destination you plan to travel to.
- Serious damage to your home due to a fire or natural disaster.
You will be eligible for Cancelling your trip benefit under the following conditions if they happen before you are due to depart from Singapore:
- If your flight is cancelled by the airline due to closing the airport, runway or airspace, or poor weather conditions, which forces the airplanes to be grounded.
- If you have to appear in court as a witness during your trip and you were not aware of this when you took up the policy.
- If you are forced to cancel your trip because you are a child and your travelling companion who is your guardian has to cancel their trip due to one of the first two reasons.
* Family member means your husband or wife, children, parents, brothers and sisters, parents-in-law, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law or grandchildren.