|Hospital Cash Benefit||Receive the sum assured (SA) of the rider for each day you stay in the hospital (up to the maximum of 750 days for the same stay in hospital).|
|Additional Intensive Care Unit Benefit||Receive double the sum assured of the rider for each day you stay in the hospital and admitted to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).|
|Major Impact Benefit||Receive 10 times the sum assured of the rider in the event that you undergo a surgery or suffer from an infection (including a future unknown disease), and are required to stay in the ICU for a total of 5 days or more in one hospital admission. This is only paid once per policy year.|
|Recovery Benefit||Receive an additional sum assured of the rider for each stay in the hospital.|
|Guaranteed Insurability Option (GIO)||Option to purchase a new rider we offer to extend your rider’s coverage without health assessment.|
- We will not pay Hospital Cash Benefit, Additional Intensive Care Unit Benefit and Recovery Benefit where the insured stays in a hospital before or within 30 days from the cover start date (except for accidents).
- We will pay the Additional Intensive Care Unit Benefit in addition to Hospital Cash Benefit. But if we have paid the Hospital Cash Benefit, up to a maximum of 750 days for the same stay in a hospital, we will not pay Additional Intensive Care Unit Benefit any further.
- The surgery or infection and the stay in the ICU must be directly due to the same cause and confirmed as necessary medical treatment.
We will not pay Major Impact Benefit where the insured stays in a hospital for symptoms suffered of, had investigations for, or was diagnosed with illness any time before or within 90 days from the cover start date (except for accidents). We will pay this benefit in addition to both Hospital Cash Benefit and Additional Intensive Care Unit Benefit. We will pay this benefit to you only once per policy year. Please refer to the policy conditions for further details.
- An event (including a future unknown disease) leading to a surgery or an infection, and requires a stay in ICU for 5 days or more in one hospital admission, which is claimable under the Major Impact Benefit, subject to policy’s terms, conditions and exclusions.
- Recovery Benefit will only be paid once for the same stay in hospital as the Hospital Cash Benefit claim.
Information is correct as at 25 May 2023.