|Plan & Coverage||DrivoTM Premium||DrivoTM Classic|
|Vehicle repairs at your preferred workshop||✔|
|Vehicle repairs at a quality workshop chosen by Income||✔|
|Loss or damage to your vehicle from accidental causes
(up to market value at the time of loss or damage)
|Loss or damage by fire or theft
(up to market value at the time of loss or damage)
|Damage to third party property (up to $5,000,000)||✔||✔|
|Death or injury to third party (unlimited)||✔||✔|
|Medical expenses (up to $1,000)||✔||✔|
|Personal accident benefits (up to $50,000)||✔||✔|
|Towing service (up to $500)||✔||✔|
|Unlimited windscreen cover||✔||✔|
$600 or otherwise specified applies for each and every accident claim
$100 or otherwise specified applies for each and every claim
|Unnamed driver excess
|NCD Protector (applicable to policy with at least 30% NCD)||✔||✔|
|Daily transport allowance
($50 is claimable from the first day of repair, up to maximum of seven days)
|Roadside assistance and wellness cover
For more information, please refer to the policy conditions:
Policy conditions for Private Car
Policy conditions for Private Car (Prestige Plan)
Policy conditions for Private Car (Extension Rider)
- A windscreen excess of $100 (or any other amount shown on the certificate of insurance) applies for each and every claim under the following plans: DrivoTM Premium and DrivoTM Classic plan. For DrivoTM Prestige plan, the windscreen excess is $1,000 (or any other amount shown on the Schedule or certificate of insurance) applies for each and every claim.
- You can purchase the optional benefit to protect your NCD if your NCD is at least 30%. However, if you have been enjoying NCD of 50% from us in the last two consecutive years, you will automatically enjoy free NCD protection when you renew your policy with us.You cannot transfer the NCD protection to another insurance company. It also does not guarantee that we will renew the policy. If you fail to report any accident to us within 24 hours, even with this NCD protection, we will reduce your NCD by 10%.
- You can purchase the daily transport allowance cover which pays $50 per day, from the first day of the repair for up to 7 days, for each of your first two claims.
- This cover is only applicable to DrivoTM Premium and DrivoTM Classic plan. You can purchase the cover to waive the basic excess of $600 when you claim under your motor policy. This excess waiver is not applicable to policies with excess of above $600.
- Roadside Breakdown Assistance Benefit
If your vehicle cannot be driven due to any puncture to its tyre(s) or any mechanical or electrical breakdown and not due to an accident involving your vehicle, we will pay you the reasonable expenses incurred on site up to $200 once for each period of insurance for the following services rendered:
- Service charge to replace the defective batteries.
- Service charge to replace the punctured tyre.
- Towing fee incurred to tow the vehicle to the policyholder’s preferred workshop.
- Any other services charges necessarily incurred on site arising out of the breakdown.
The costs of replacing any part stated above is not covered by this Benefit.
If the vehicle breaks down, you have to contact the breakdown service provider to assist you. To submit your claim for this benefit, you must provide the following within 30 days of the breakdown:
- Claim form.
- Photographic evidence of the service(s) provided on site.
- Tax invoice/ Receipt with details on the type of services performed by the service provider and payment made.
Additional Medical Expenses
We will pay you a further sum of up to $1,000 for reasonable medical expenses which you have paid due to an accident involving your vehicle while you are the driver of, or a passenger, for the following treatments:
- Your pregnancy-related check-up or treatment necessitated and due to the accident; or
- Your cosmetic (aesthetic, plastic surgery or dental treatment, or any treatment) reconstructive surgery.
We will only pay the cosmetic reconstructive benefit if the treatment is carried out:
a. to restore any loss of function or change in appearance due to an injury or a condition sustained by you as a result of an accident involving your vehicle;
b. within 30 days after the date of the accident; and
c. by a medical practitioner registered under the Medical Registration Act.
This benefit is only payable to you once per period of insurance and provided you have a claim which is paid or payable by us under Section 1 of this policy.
Additional Personal Accident Benefits
We will pay you or your personal representative the amount shown in the scale of compensation for death or bodily injury arising out of an accident while you are the driver of, or a passenger in, your vehicle.
Scale of compensation:
a. Death - $10,000
b. Total and permanent loss of all sight in both eyes - $10,000
c. Total loss by physical severance at or above the wrist or ankle of both hands or both feet or of one hand together with one foot - $10,000
d. Total loss by physical severance at or above the wrist or ankle of one hand or one foot together with the total and permanent loss of all sight in one eye - $10,000
e. Total and permanent loss of all sight in one eye - $5,000
f. Total loss by physical severance at or above wrist or ankle of one hand or one foot - $5,000
We will only pay one of the items listed from a to f above for any one accident. If you die and/or suffer several injuries, we will only pay for the one item that provides the highest compensation. Our maximum limit that we will pay for any one accident is $10,000.
If you have more than one private car policy with us, we will pay under one of the policies only.
This benefit applies to the policyholder who is pregnant at the material time of the accident.
We will not pay you any compensation if the loss or injury is not listed in the scale of compensation.
Information is correct as at 23 August 2022.