Here’s what you get with OCBC Protect.
Protection against death with double the sum assured if it is due to an accident.
Protection against both total and permanent disability (before age 65) and partial and permanent disability (due to an accident before age 65). Receive a percentage of the sum assured in the event of partial and permanent disability.
Receive a lump sum payout upon diagnosis of a terminal illness.
Enhanced protection against 29 critical illnesses with OCBC Protect Prime.
Who this is for.
You must be the cardholder of an OCBC card. You may apply the plan for your husband or wife and children if they are also a Singaporean, Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner who is working or residing in Singapore.
|Minimum entry age||Maximum entry age||Maximum age of coverage|
|Cardholder and husband or wife||16 years old||60 years old||70 years old|
|Child||15 days old||17 years old||25 years old|
Amount you can be insured for:
The sum assured is in multiples of $10,000, up to $300,000 each for you, your husband or wife and your child.
Your policy toolkit.
- Premium rate is based on insured aged 18 to 30 years old (age next birthday) for sum assured at $100,000 under OCBC Protect Classic. The daily premium rate of 52 cents is calculated based on 30 days in a month.
- Partial and permanent disability must happen within 365 days from the date of the accident.
- A waiting period of 30 days from the start date or reinstatement date (if any) of the insured’s cover, whichever is later will apply.
- For major cancer, coronary artery by-pass surgery, heart attack of specified severity and angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery, a waiting period of 90 days from the start date or reinstatement date (if any) of the insured’s cover, whichever is later will apply. For the other remaining critical illnesses, a waiting period of 30 days from the start date or reinstatement date (if any) of the insured’s cover, whichever is later will apply.
- You and your husband or wife and children will be eligible to apply for cover if you, as the OCBC cardholder, are covered under the same plan. Cardholder means the principal or supplementary cardholder of at least one valid OCBC card issued by OCBC Bank. The sum assured for your husband or wife and children must not be more than your sum assured unless we have reduced your sum assured due to underwriting reasons. If you end your policy or is no longer an OCBC cardholder, the cover for you, your husband or wife and children will end. The cover for your husband or wife will also end if you are separated or divorced from your husband or wife.
- OCBC Protect Classic and OCBC Protect Prime do not cover any claim or loss arising from insured taking part in full-time National Service.
There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under OCBC Protect Classic and OCBC Protect Prime will not be payable. You can refer to your policy contract for the precise terms, conditions and exclusions of the plans. The policy contract will be issued when your application is accepted.
This is for general information only. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (“OCBC Bank”) is the policyholder. You can find the usual terms and conditions of OCBC Protect Classic and OCBC Protect Prime in the master policy contracts issued to OCBC Bank. The cover for OCBC Protect Classic and OCBC Protect Prime will automatically end upon the termination of the master policies by either OCBC Bank or Income. All our products are developed to benefit our customers but not all may be suitable for your specific needs. If you are unsure if these plans are suitable for you, we strongly encourage you to speak to a qualified insurance adviser. Otherwise, you may end up buying a plan that does not meet your expectations or needs. As a result, you may not be able to afford the premiums or get the insurance protection you want. These plans do not have any cash value.
OCBC Protect Classic and OCBC Protect Prime are underwritten and issued by Income.
These policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Income or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 29 May 2023.
Apply for OCBC Protect.
The best deals. Just for you.
30% OFF Enhanced Home Insurance! 🏠
10% OFF Yearly Travel Insurance plans 🗺️🧳✈️
38% off Per-trip Travel Insurance plans! ✈️🧳
Insurance Savings Plan
Get up to $1,300^ worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Personal Accident Insurance
Get up to $200 shopping vouchers 🛍️ with our selected PA Plans!
🚗 Get up to 390,000 STAR$ when you safeguard your journeys today!
Get up to $150 worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Get up to $880^ worth of Takashimaya Vouchers 🛍️🛒
🏍️ Get up to 90,000 STAR$ and complimentary personal accident coverage!
Complimentary 1-year health insurance plan for your child 👶🏻
Interest-free Instalment Payments