This plan may only be purchased directly online or at Income branches. It is not available for sale through other distribution channels and no financial advice will be provided.
Find an income branch now to apply for DIRECT Star Term.
Here’s how DIRECT Star Term protects you.
Stay protected against death, terminal illness and total and permanent disability (TPD before age 65) with a sum assured between $50,000 and $400,000.
Choose a protection period of 5 years, 20 years or up to age 64 (last birthday).
Add a rider to be protected against dread diseases.
Need more protection? Enhance your coverage with a rider.
DIRECT Dread Disease Term
With DIRECT Dread Disease Term, you can receive coverage for dread disease during the term of the rider.
Your policy toolkit.
Eligibility and payment frequency
|Policy Term||Minimum entry age (last birthday)||Maximum entry age (last birthday)|
|Up to age 64 (last birthday)||18||59|
You can make your payments monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly.
- DIRECT Star Term pays out the sum assured in the event of death, terminal illness or total and permanent disability (TPD before age 65) during the term of the policy.
- This is a Direct Purchase Insurance (DPI) product, with no financial advice provided. You must visit any Income branches personally to purchase this plan or buy it online at www.income.com.sg. The product is not available for sale through all other distribution channels of Income. The maximum sum assured per insured for all DPI products, regardless of the number of policies purchased with Income, is $400,000; with a maximum sub-limit of $200,000 for Whole life DPI.
- We will renew your policy at the end of each 5-year policy term at its prevailing sum assured only if there is no claim on your policy during its term and the insured is age 79 (last birthday) and below at the time the policy is due for renewal. The renewal premium will be determined by Income and is based on the policy term, sum assured and the age of the insured at the time the policy is renewed.
- The sum assured of the DIRECT Dread Disease Term must be equal to the sum assured of the basic policy that is, DIRECT Star Term (non-renewable) or the DIRECT Star Term (renewable).
- The full definition of each dread disease covered and the circumstances in which you can claim are stated in the policy contract.
If the insured is diagnosed with a specified dread disease (except angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery) during the term of the rider, we will pay the sum assured. The DIRECT Star Term policy and this rider will end after this payment.
For angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery, we will pay 10% of the sum assured, subject to a maximum of $25,000. We will only pay for this condition once under this benefit. After this payment, we will reduce the sum assured of this rider.
Any payment made under this rider will form an accelerated payment, and reduce the sum assured of its DIRECT Star Term (renewable or non-renewable) policy.
We will not pay this benefit if the insured was diagnosed with the disease within 90 days from the cover start date for major cancer, heart attack of specified severity, coronary artery by-pass surgery, or angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery. If this rider is attached to a DIRECT Star Term (renewable) policy and there is no claim (except angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery) on this rider during its term and the insured is age 59 (last birthday) and below at the time the rider is due for renewal, we will renew it at the end of each 5-year policy term at its prevailing sum assured. The DIRECT Star Term (renewable) policy must be in force for us to renew this rider.
There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under this plan will not be payable. You can refer to your policy contract for the precise terms, conditions and exclusions of the plan. The policy contract will be issued when your application is accepted.
This is for general information only. You can find the usual terms, conditions and exclusions of this Direct Purchase Insurance (DPI) at DIRECT Star Term (Renewable), DIRECT Star Term (Non-renewable) and DIRECT Dread Disease Term. All our products are developed to benefit our customers but not all may be suitable for your specific needs. DPI may not be suitable for you if you are unsure about which type of DPI or how much coverage to buy as no financial advice is provided during the purchase process. In such a case, we strongly encourage you to seek advice from a qualified insurance advisor who will be able to advise you on a suitable product. Otherwise, you may end up buying a plan that does not meet your expectations or needs. As a result, you may not be able to afford the premiums or get the insurance protection you want. This policy does not have any cash value.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Income or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 15 March 2023.
Apply for DIRECT Star Term.
The best deals. Just for you.
Complimentary 1-year health insurance plan for your child 👶🏻
45% off Per-trip Travel Insurance plans! ✈️🧳🌎
10% OFF Yearly Travel Insurance plans 🗺️🧳✈️
Interest-free Instalment Payments
30% OFF Enhanced Home Insurance! 🏠
🏍️ Get up to $90 CapitaVouchers and complimentary personal accident coverage!
🚗 Get up to $390 CapitaVouchers when you safeguard your journeys today!
Insurance Savings Plan
Get up to $1,200^ worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Personal Accident Insurance
🚴♀️ Enjoy 10% off on all PA Secure plans
Get up to $880^ worth of Takashimaya Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Learn more about life insurance.