Here’s how CEGIS protects you and your loved ones.
Stay covered in the event of death.
Receive an additional 25% of the sum assured if death was caused by an accident.
You will also be protected against total and permanent disability before age 65 with additional payouts in addition to receiving the sum assured.
In the event of permanent and partial disability due to an accident before age 65, you will receive a percentage of the sum assured.
Need more protection? Enhance your coverage with a rider.
37 critical illness (optional rider)
You will receive a lump sum payout upon a diagnosis of any of the 37 critical illnesses.
For angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery, payment is limited to 10% of the sum assured, subject to a maximum of $25,000.
Sum assured for 37 critical illness rider (optional rider)
You can choose your sum assured in multiples of $10,000, up to $200,000 each for you and your husband or wife. The maximum sum assured for your child is $100,000.
List of 37 critical illnesses
The 37 critical illness covered under this rider are listed below.
- Major Cancer
- Heart Attack of Specified Severity
- Stroke with Permanent Neurological Deficit
- Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery
- End Stage Kidney Failure
- Irreversible Aplastic Anaemia
- End Stage Lung Disease
- End Stage Liver Failure
- Deafness (Irreversible Loss of Hearing)
- Open Chest Heart Valve Surgery
- Irreversible Loss of Speech
- Major Burns
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease
- Open Chest Surgery to Aorta
- Alzheimer’s Disease / Severe Dementia
- Fulminant Hepatitis
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- HIV Due to Blood Transfusion and Occupationally Acquired HIV
- Benign Brain Tumour
- Severe Encephalitis
- Severe Bacterial Meningitis
- Angioplasty & Other Invasive Treatment for Coronary Artery
- Blindness (Irreversible Loss of Sight)
- Major Head Trauma
- Paralysis (Irreversible Loss of Use of Limbs)
- Terminal Illness
- Progressive Scleroderma
- Persistent Vegetative State (Apallic Syndrome)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus with Lupus Nephritis
- Other Serious Coronary Artery Disease
- Loss of Independent Existence
Who this is for.
Only employees of a corporatised organisation may apply for cover under this plan.
To apply for your husband, wife, or children, they must be a Singaporean, Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner who is working or residing in Singapore.
The entry age and maximum age of coverage for term life coverage and 37 critical illness rider:
|Minimum entry age||Maximum entry age||Maximum age of coverage|
|Employee of a corporatised organisation and husband or wife||16 years old||65 years old||70 years old|
|Child||12 months old||17 years old||25 years old|
Maximum sum assured
You can choose your sum assured in multiples of $10,000, up to $300,000 each for you and your husband or wife for CEGIS term life coverage, and up to $200,000 each for you and your husband or wife for 37 critical illness rider. The maximum sum assured for your child is $100,000 for both CEGIS term life coverage and 37 critical illness rider.
|Term life coverage||37 critical illness rider|
|Employee of a corporatised organisation and husband or wife||$300,000||$200,000|
Your policy toolkit.
- We pay a further monthly payout of 1% of the sum assured for the next 24 months or until the insured reaches the age of 65 or until the insured dies, whichever is earliest.
- Permanent and partial disability must happen within 365 days from the date of the accident.
- A survival period of 30 days from the date the insured is diagnosed with the critical illness will apply. For major cancer, coronary artery by-pass surgery, heart attack of specified severity, angioplasty and other invasive treatment for coronary artery and other serious coronary artery disease, a waiting period of 90 days from the start date or reinstatement date (if any) of the insured’s cover, whichever is later will apply. For the other remaining critical illnesses, a waiting period of 30 days from the start date or reinstatement date (if any) of the insured’s cover, whichever is later will apply.
- Your husband or wife and children will be eligible to apply for cover if you, as an employee of the corporatised organisation, are insured under the plan. You will need to be insured under CEGIS term life coverage before your husband or wife and children can apply for cover under the plan. To apply for 37 critical illness rider for your husband or wife and children, they must be insured with CEGIS term life coverage and you must be insured under the 37 critical illness rider. The sum assured for your husband or wife or children must not be more than your sum assured unless we have reduced your sum assured due to underwriting reasons.
If you end your policy or is no longer the employee of the corporatised organisation, the cover for your husband or wife and children will end. The cover for your husband or wife will also end if you are separated or divorced from your husband or wife.
- This plan does not cover any claim or loss arising from insured taking part in full-time National Service.
There are certain conditions whereby the benefits under this plan will not be payable. You can refer to your policy contract for the precise terms, conditions and exclusions of the plan. The policy contract will be issued when your application is accepted.
This is for general information only. You can find the usual terms and conditions of CEGIS in the master policy contract issued to your organisation. The cover for CEGIS will automatically end upon the termination of the master policy by either Income or your organisation. All our products are developed to benefit our customers but not all may be suitable for your specific needs. If you are unsure if this plan is suitable for you, we strongly encourage you to speak to a qualified insurance adviser. Otherwise, you may end up buying a plan that does not meet your expectations or needs. As a result, you may not be able to afford the premiums or get the insurance protection you want. This plan does not have any cash value.
CEGIS is underwritten and issued by Income.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Income or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 29 May 2023.
Apply for CEGIS.
The best deals. Just for you.
30% OFF Enhanced Home Insurance! 🏠
10% OFF Yearly Travel Insurance plans 🗺️🧳✈️
38% off Per-trip Travel Insurance plans! ✈️🧳
Insurance Savings Plan
Get up to $1,300^ worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Personal Accident Insurance
Get up to $200 shopping vouchers 🛍️ with our selected PA Plans!
🚗 Get up to 390,000 STAR$ when you safeguard your journeys today!
Get up to $150 worth of FairPrice Vouchers 🛍️🛒
Get up to $880^ worth of Takashimaya Vouchers 🛍️🛒
🏍️ Get up to 90,000 STAR$ and complimentary personal accident coverage!
Complimentary 1-year health insurance plan for your child 👶🏻
Interest-free Instalment Payments