During the term of this policy, if the insured becomes totally and permanently disabled or dies as a result of an accident, before the anniversary immediately after the insured reaches the age of 70, we will pay an additional 100% of the sum assured on top of the TPD benefit or death benefit. We will pay this additional sum only if the insured was not taking part in a restricted activity at the time of the accident. If the insured was taking part in a restricted activity at the time of the accident, we will only pay an additional 30% of the sum assured on top of the TPD benefit or death benefit.
We will pay this benefit only if TPD or death happens within 365 days of the accident.
The policy will end when we make this payment.
Restricted activity means any of the following activities.
- Duties as firefighters, police force personnel, fishermen, armed security guards, aircrew, ship crew, marine salvage crew, oil riggers, dock workers, drivers, despatch riders, driving instructors, bodyguards and bouncers.
- Any activities involving explosives, heavy machinery, woodworking, dangerous gases or substances, using underwater breathing apparatus, work on construction or demolition sites, work at heights above 10 metres, work in underground tunnels, oil and gas rigs or offshore work.
- Military, air force or naval operations in peacetime, including training and exercises for national servicemen or reservists in peacetime.
- Motorcycling whether as rider or pillion rider.
- Professional sports, any form of race (except racing on foot, cycling or swimming), action or adventure sports that involve speed, height at above 10 metres, highly specialized gear, stunts or using underwater breathing apparatus. This definition includes rock climbing, mountaineering, parachuting, white-water rafting, horse riding, winter sports and scuba diving.