Instructions for Filling up the Prescribed Statutory Forms
With effect from 1 Sep 2009, the nomination of beneficiaries’ framework is governed by the Insurance Act and Insurance (Nomination of Beneficiaries) Regulations 2009.
The prescribed statutory forms must be completed in full in order to be valid and duly registered by us. Any statutory form that is not properly filled up and completed in full will be rejected. You are therefore advised to read the instruction notes set out in each statutory form. We would also highlight and draw to your attention our following instruction notes for your reading before filling up the statutory form.
- Policy owner who has attained the age of 18 years may make a nomination.
- Nomination must be submitted on the relevant statutory form. The statutory form must be properly filled up and completed in full.
- The statutory form must clearly state the policy number. Where the policy number is not available, you can provide the plan name and basic sum insured of the plan.
- The statutory form must be signed by the policy owner in the presence of 2 witnesses. The 2 witnesses must sign the form upon the policy owner’s signing of the form. Thus, the 2 witnesses must sign and date the form on the same date the policy owner signs the form.
- The statutory form must clearly state the full address and at least 1 contact number of witness.
- Each witness must have attained the age of 21 years. A witness must not be a nominee or the spouse of a nominee.
- A new statutory form must be completed in the event that there is any amendment and/or alteration. Initialing against an amendment/alteration is not allowed.
- The total shares of all nominees must add up to 100%.
- If you wish to name more than 4 nominees, additional copies of the statutory Form 1 (trust nomination) or Form 4 (revocable nomination) to cover all nominees must be submitted. The additional Form 1 or Form 4 must be completed in full by the policy owner and witnessed and signed by the same 2 witnesses. Attachment in any other form will be rejected.
- If you wish to appoint more than 2 trustees for a trust nomination, statutory Form 3 must be submitted. Form 3 must be completed in full and signed by the policy owner and, if submitted together with Form 1, witnessed and signed by the same 2 witnesses as Form 1. Attachment in any other form is not allowed.
- You cannot make a nomination if your policy falls into any of the following categories.
- Your policy is an annuity purchased under the Minimum Sum Scheme (MSS).
- The life insured under your policy is not the same person as the policyholder.
- With effect from 1 Jan 2017, Trustee(s) and nominee(s) in a trust nomination(s) must complete and submit FATCA & CRS SELF-CERTIFICATION FORM FOR INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT HOLDER. The form can be downloaded and printed from via http://www.income.com.sg/policy-downloads-and-forms. One form is required for each trustee/nominee named in the Trust Nomination Form.
If the nominee is below 18 years old, Parent/Legal Guardian must complete the FATCA & CRS SELF-CERTIFICATION FORM FOR INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT HOLDER on behalf of the nominee.
FATCA AND CRS SELF-CERTIFICATION FORM FOR ENTITY / INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT HOLDER
NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited (“Income”) is required to collect certain information about each person’s tax residency and tax classifications under applicable tax regulations, including the Singapore Income Tax Act (Chapter 134), the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) and the OECD Common Reporting Standard for Common Exchange of Financial Account Information (“CRS”). We may be obliged to share information about the policy(ies) for which you are an Account Holder with the relevant tax authorities under certain circumstances.
Submission of Statutory Form
The completed and signed original statutory form must be submitted by hand or post to NTUC Income (Income) for our registration. Any statutory form that is submitted by fax or email attachment will be rejected.
Enquiry on Nomination Matters
For enquiry on nomination matters, please contact our Customer Service Officer at 6788 1122 or submit via online form. You may also approach your Financial Consultant for assistance.