What you need to know.
What you can be covered for
List of commercial insurance policies
The Property and Liability claim form should be used for claims under the following types of commercial insurance policies:
- Plate Glass
- Public Liability
- Bailee's Liability
- Error & Omission
- Fidelity Guarantee
- Business Insurance
- Professional & Medical Indemnity
Regarding property claims
You should notify us immediately or as soon as reasonably possible, of any damage or loss to your property. You should make a police report if you suspect that the damage was caused by a criminal act. If the estimated claim amount is more than $3,000 or the incident is serious, please call us at 6788 6616. We may require a survey to be carried out.
Regarding liability claims
You should notify us immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible, of any injury, damage or loss sustained by a third party. If an incident giving rise to a claim occurs, do not admit or discuss liability with the third party without the written consent of NTUC Income. Please submit to us immediately upon receipt any legal letter (letter of demand, writ of summons) and all correspondence from the third party indicating their intention to claim.
Prepare the required documents and complete the claim form
Property/ Liability claims
- Incident report / Internal investigation report
- Police/SCDF report (if applicable)
- Photographs of damage / Closed circuit television footage (if available)
- Assessment report from repairer
- At least two repair/replacement quotations
- Copies of invoices/receipts showing the original purchase price of the item claimed. If the documents are not available, please provide a full description of the items including make, model, age, condition, and purchase date and price.
- Original repair invoices/receipts or replacement invoices/receipts
- Tenancy and/or contract agreement with third-party contractors (where relevant)
- Letter of employment and/or termination and detailed description of the employee’s job duties (Fidelity Claims)
- Any legal letter or letter of claim from the third party together with all supporting documents and correspondence on the matter (Public Liability Claims)
Please note that the list of documents is not exhaustive. Other documents may be requested if necessary.
Send us your documents and claim form
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org the completed claim form with a scanned copy or picture of all required supporting documents.
Ensure that the overall size of your email attachment(s) does not exceed 30MB.
For medical claims, keep the original medical bills/receipts for six months as we may request for them on case-by-case basis prior to settlement of the claim.
Your queries answered.
We will review the claim submitted and decide whether it is necessary to appoint a loss adjuster who is an independent external party to assist us in the investigation and assessment of the claim.
Claims payout under the policy will be based on but not limited to the following factors.
- Basis of cover
- Proceeds from salvage sales
Basis of cover
Indemnity Basis: The claim amount is derived by taking into account depreciation or wear and tear.
Replacement Value Basis: The claim amount payable is the replacement value of the same form without depreciation or wear and tear. In the event that there is any improvement or betterment to the original property, deductions shall be made on the replacement value to reflect such improvement or betterment.
Proceeds from salvage sales
Any proceeds received from a salvage sale will be deducted from the loss amount.
In the event the sum insured is less than the value of the insured property at the time of loss, the claim amount payable will be reduced proportionately.
Deductible/excess is the amount of the claim you have to bear for every claim you file. This amount is specified in your policy contract.
You should provide full co-operation to the loss adjuster and submit all requested information / documents to the appointed loss adjuster. The loss adjuster will follow up with you on any further requirements.
You should, as far as possible, gather all facts and circumstances giving rise to the loss. These include details of any third party responsible for the damage to your property and photographs indicating the extent of the damage.
You will need to submit all the relevant documents together with the claim form to us. We may follow up with you on further information/documents required.
Print all queries