Frequently Asked Questions

PA Assurance

Product Coverage
  • Q:Does this policy cover me during my reservist training?


    Yes, you will be covered during your reservist training without any additional premium. You will be covered for any accident incurred during your reservist training if it is undertaken as peacetime military training.

  • Q:Does this policy cover treatment at a Chinese medicine practitioner or chiropractor incurred due to injury?


    Yes, we will pay for the medical expenses incurred at a Chinese medicine practitioner or chiropractor due to injury as long as they are registered and have a valid practicing certificate. We will pay up to the sub-limit and benefit limit for your plan or up to a period of 12 months from the date of accident, whichever comes first.

    List of registered Chinese medicine practitioners (

  • Q:How does this policy pay out the Weekly cash benefit for temporary disablement?


    We will pay the lower of either your basic weekly salary or the cash benefit as stated in the table of cover of your plan, up to 104 consecutive weeks, if you are temporarily disabled from engaging in any occupation for more than seven consecutive days. This is provided that the date of your first medical consultation or treatment is not more than seven days from the date of accident.

    For example, we will only pay under this section for one week (i.e. seven days) if the insured submits a Weekly cash benefit claim for temporary disablement for 10 days.

  • Q:Does this policy cover transportation cost to a hospital due to an accident?


    This policy will cover the ambulance charges for transportation to a hospital due to an accident. It does not cover any other types of transportation costs.

  • Q:Does this policy cover the buying or renting of mobility aids needed after suffering an injury due to accident without doctor’s prescription?


    No, we will only pay if the mobility aids are necessary for your mobility needed after suffering an injury due to accident and are prescribed by a medical practitioner.

  • Q:Does this policy cover against food poisoning?


    Yes, you are covered for bodily injury, and even death, resulting from food poisoning.

  • Q:Does this policy cover motorcycling risk?


    Yes, you are covered against bodily injury and death while riding a motorcycle as a rider or a pillion rider at no additional premium. This is provided that you are not engaging in or practicing for racing and hill climbing contests, reliability trials and speed or duration testing.

  • Q:Does this policy cover me while I am overseas?


    Yes, you will be covered while you are overseas for a period of 180 days from the day of departure from Singapore only. You will not be covered from the 181th day onwards till your return to Singapore.

Product Coverage for Optional Infectious Disease Cover
  • Q:If Country A is declared as experiencing a pandemic infection by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and I need to travel there for business, will my cover against infectious diseases still be effective?


    No, your infectious diseases cover under this policy will temporarily exclude Country A from the date of announcement by WHO till this classification is lifted. However, the remaining cover in your policy will continue.

  • Q:Does this policy cover a new infectious disease that is detected?


    No, you will only be covered for the infectious diseases mentioned in your policy contract.

  • Q:If I am infected with an infectious disease even before World Health Organisation (WHO) issues the declaration of a pandemic situation, am I covered under this policy?


    Yes, you are covered since WHO or Singapore health authorities have yet to declare it as a pandemic situation. This is provided that the infectious disease is one of those covered in your policy contract.

  • Q:If I have contracted an infectious disease and while recovering from this infectious disease, I suffer a permanent disability due to an injury caused by accident, can I claim under both Section 3 – Permanent disability and Section 18 – Permanent disability for infectious disease cover?


    No, you cannot claim under both sections for the same event. In the above scenario, we will pay under Section 3 – Permanent disability since the permanent disability was due to an injury caused by accident.

  • Q:If I suspect that I have contracted an infectious disease and need to undergo diagnostic procedures and tests, will this policy cover me for the costs of the diagnostic procedures and tests?


    This policy will cover you for the costs of diagnostic procedures and tests recommended or asked for by a medical practitioner for you to be treated provided that you are confirmed to be suffering from an infectious disease and if we are also paying you for the medical expenses for infectious disease cover under Section 19.

Application and Procedures
  • Q:What is the age limit if I wish to apply for this policy?


    The age limit is 70 years old based on last birthday.  For children age 15 days old to 15 years old, parents/guardian must be the proposer.

    You can be insured as a child under this policy if you are:

    • under 18 years of age; or
    • under 25 years of age, unmarried and not on full-time employment; and are primarily dependent on the policyholder for maintenance and support. For example, full-time students or national servicemen.
  • Q:If I am a foreigner or Singaporean Permanent Resident (PR), can I purchase this policy?


    Yes, you can purchase this policy as long as you are a Singapore PR or hold a valid employment pass, dependent’s pass, work permit or student pass.

  • Q:If I met with an accident previously, can I still apply for this policy?


    Yes, you can submit to us your application together with the details of your previous accident. You should include when the accident happened, the cause of the accident and the medical treatment that you received. We will assess your condition and contact you on our decision.

  • Q:Can I take up this policy for a longer coverage term?


    No, we issue this policy for a coverage term of 1 year only.

  • Q:How can I make payment?


    You can make payment depending on your activation method.

    Activation MethodPremium Payment Methods Available
    Income website/hotlineCredit Card
    Income branchesCredit Card / NETS

  • Q:If I change my mind after taking up this insurance, can I cancel it?


    Yes, you can cancel this plan by notifying us via email at or call us at 6788 1777. The cancellation will take effect from the date we receive your request.

    a. If you cancel this plan within the 14 day free-look period, you may get a full refund of the premium paid if there has been no claim made under this policy.

    b. If you cancel this plan after the free-look period and:
    - Before start date of the policy; premium less $10.90 (after GST).
    - After the start date of the policy, we will work out the premium as follows:

    Period of insurance (in days) still left to run divided by the original period of insurance of the policy   x   85% of total premium paid

    We will not refund any premium below $38.15 (after GST) from 2024 if you cancel the policy.

    There will be no refund payable to you if you have made any claim since the start date of the plan till the date of your cancellation request.