Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What are the advantages of using our domestic cleaners instead of a live-in maid?A:
The employer of a live-in maid will have to take care of the various needs of the maid, e.g. food & lodging. Moreover, the employer may face various problems arising from hiring a foreign live-in maid, such as differences in expectations and a communication barrier. Having an additional person living with you and your family will mean an added responsibility.
Engaging a domestic cleaner through NTUC Income, you will have no worries about the well-being, food & lodging and communication barriers between the domestic cleaner and you. You will save expenses compared with employing a live-in maid. You can rest assured that you will go home to a clean and well-maintained home and no compromise of your privacy.
Q:Who will be cleaning my house?A:
Home Services will assign one trained domestic cleaner to your home on a regular basis. In the event that the assigned domestic cleaner does not wish to continue service, all efforts will be made to a find a replacement and is subject to availability of cleaner in your location. You will be given prior notification of the necessary changes.
Q:Are the domestic cleaners in Home Services trained?A:
Yes. All our domestic cleaners are required to go through a 15 hours of training including on-the-job training.
Q:Do we need to be home while the cleaning is in progress?A:
Some of the customers arrange for the domestic cleaner to clean their home whilst they are at work and entrust the domestic cleaner with a set of their house keys whilst others prefer to have someone at home. If you do decide to entrust your house keys with the domestic cleaner, please ensure that all valuables are locked up in a safe location. We leave it to the employer to decide on this.
Q:Do I have to commit to a long-term contract?A:
No, but we do have a standard service agreement which allow you to stop the service at any time by giving a one month's notice to terminate.
Q:How do I make payment?A:
For your convenience, a GIRO service will be arranged for payment.
The GIRO deduction will be made on the 6th of every month, which covers the period of service from 10th of the month to the 9th of the following month.
The GIRO deduction made on 6th of January will cover the services to be provided from 10th of January to 9th of February.
Q:What are the terms and conditions?A:
- Monthly payments are to be made in advance. The amount is dependent on the package selected and number of weekly services in the month. For example, for most months the number of weekly service is four whilst there will be some months that the weekly service is five.
- For the first month, the payment is to be made by cheque or cash until payment by GIRO has been approved.
- If a customer requests for all monthly payments to be made by cheque, an administrative charge of $10 per month (inclusive of GST) is payable in additional to the monthly payments.
- Direct engagement of service operator is not permissible without prior consent.
- Customer is advised to lock up all valuables in safe location.
- Customer is required to sign up for a minimum of 1 month (4 sessions).
- Customer is not allowed to postpone the cleaning service.
- Warranty for damages, up to a maximum of S$1,000.