Read up on our FAQs below.
Who is eligible to be covered under the COVID-19 rider?
Employee(s) who is/are holding an in-principal approval (IPA), valid Work-permit, S pass or Employment Pass issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
When must the employer purchase this rider for their employee(s)?
The rider for the employee(s) must be purchased before the employee(s) arrives in Singapore.
Which group of employee benefits plan are eligible for this rider?
The COVID-19 rider can be extended under:
- WorkMedic policy Plan 1 or 2; or
- Group Hospitalisation and Surgical (GHS) policy
What is the coverage and benefits limit for this COVID-19 rider?
The rider covers medical expenses incurred when an employee is hospitalised as a direct result of and solely due to COVID-19, subject to:
- the employee(s) must be diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days upon arrival in Singapore; and
- the employee(s) stays in a restructured hospital or community hospital to seek medically necessary treatment for COVID-19; and
- the medical expenses incurred for the stay in the restructured hospital or community hospital is payable up to S$15,000.
How long is the coverage for this COVID-19 rider?
The rider covers employee(s) up to maximum 14 days upon arrival in Singapore. The cover for COVID-19 benefit shall cease automatically if the employee(s) is/are not diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after the date of the employee’s arrival in Singapore.
Does the COVID-19 rider covers private hospitals in Singapore?
The COVID-19 rider does not cover private hospitals in Singapore.
Does this rider covers the mandatory swab test for COVID-19?
No, this rider does not cover the mandatory swab test for COVID-19.
Is there a waiting period for this COVID-19 rider?
No, there is no waiting period for this rider.
Does this rider cover any outpatient treatment for COVID-19?
No, this rider only covers Inpatient treatment for COVID-19 in a restructured hospital or community hospital.
How can employer apply for this COVID-19 rider?
Employer can contact their intermediaries or advisor for assistance or contact us at email@example.com
What are the documents to be submitted upon claim?
Please submit the following documents;
- Original final hospital/medical bills and receipts
- Hospital discharge summary
- Medical reports, if any
- Copy of reimbursement letter/discharge voucher from previous reimbursement, if any.
Copy of employee's Work-permit or S pass or in-principal approval (IPA) document.