Singapore will exit the circuit breaker on 1 June 2020, with activities gradually resuming in three phases. As indicated by the authorities, phase 1 will constitute resumption of some social and economic activities, phase 2 will see a broader re-opening of such activities, and by phase 3, we can expect resumption of social, cultural, religious and business gathering within limits. The transition from phase 1 to 2 and 3 will be gradual and calibrated, and depend largely on COVID-19 transmission rates remaining low and stable.
As MOH has cautioned that the risk of resurgence in community transmissions remains high, we will have to continue to go about our businesses and daily lives with care. The taskforce that has been convened within Income to review and determine the way of working post circuit breaker is monitoring the situation very carefully and assessing the needs of the business, staff and reps, as well as customers, with our collective well-being as a priority.
Here’s what to expect in near-term post circuit breaker, i.e. from 2 June 2020, as Income resumes some activities with additional staff back on-premise:
- Staff/functions returning to office
Income has prioritised staff in essential and critical functions to return to the office immediately post circuit breaker, i.e. those relying on systems / equipment that cannot be accessed from home, working on sensitive and confidential data (PDPA concerns), and required to enhance efficiency and productivity on-site. Therefore, from 2 June, only registered staff from Branches, Contact Centre, Telesales, Partnership Distribution, Life & Health Operations, Corporate Business, finance, Motor CoE, Motor & Plines Operations, Office Services, and IT will return to work at the office. This will constitute about 10% of the total staff strength, while the remaining staff (90%) will continue to work from home.
For Agency, 100% of staff will continue to work from home.
- Safe management measures at the office
Compliant with MOH’s ‘Safe Work’ guidelines, more stringent safety measures are being implemented at all Income offices. Please review the precautionary measures indicated below carefully as reps will have to comply with all of them. We have also appointed Safe Management Officers at Income offices and branches to ensure a safe work environment at all times.
- Check in and check out using SafeEntry to support contact tracing when required.
- Download and activate TraceTogether and keep it on at all times.
- Wear a face mask all the time.
- Avoid congregating at collaboration areas and other shared spaces at the office, even during breaks and meal times.
- Do not visit other floors within the same office building or other Income offices to minimise co-mingling.
Please continue to use the Remote Client Engagement (RCE) process for discussions and meetings with your clients.
- Re-opening of branches
Only the Bras Basah branch will reopen from 2 June with reduced staff strength to attend to customers by appointment only from 9.00am to 5.30pm (Mon – Fri) and 9.00am – 3.00pm on Sat. There will be a priority hour from 9.00am to 10.00am dedicated to serve those who may be more susceptible to infection risks, ie. the elderly and expectant mothers.
To keep everyone safe, all branch staff must wear a mask and will be issued a face shield to use. Visitors to the branch must check in using SafeEntry and go through temperature screening. Plexiglass will be installed at service counters next week for increased safety during interaction with customers.
Our Motor Service Centre will remain closed and our Orange Force roadside assistance will continue to be suspended until further notice.
We will continue to update you on new plans and specific arrangements going forward when they are confirmed. Meanwhile, continue to look after yourselves physically, emotionally and mentally, and please take your temperature and submit readings twice daily via this online form (temperature).
Thank you, and stay safe.
Tan Chuan How
Chief Agency Officer
T +65 6973 8412
Back to all reps advisories