Two days ago, the World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 a pandemic in view of the levels of spread and severity around the world. In response, the Singapore authorities have rolled out new measures to contain the import of COVID-19 cases as well as stem the spread in Singapore. You may refer to the advisory on 13 Mar 2020 here.
As we carry on our business operations in accordance to all guidelines issued by the authorities, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following:
Defer all non-essential travel
- As more countries are on high alert due to the spread of COVID-19, we ask reps to please limit their overseas travel for now. In particular, reps are strongly discouraged from travelling to China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, France, Spain and Germany.
- Currently, those who are returning from Mainland China, South Korea, Iran and northern Italy will have to observe a Government-imposed stay-home notice (SHN) for 14 days. From 11:59pm on Sunday (15 Mar 2020), those who have been to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days will also be issued a SHN.
- Reps who are still travelling during this period must declared your travel plans via this online form (travel), and keep your Agency Leaders informed of your travel plans, including any cancellation or postponement to your trips.
- As these measures will evolve according to the global situation, reps who are going ahead with their travel plans should check the MOH website for the latest measures and comply accordingly.
14-day monitoring to further limit exposure and risk
- In addition to Government-issued SHNs and Quarantine Orders, Income will place the following reps on 14-day monitoring as a precautionary measure to further limit our exposure and risk:
- Reps who have just returned to Singapore for less than 14 days from China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Iran, Italy, France, Spain and Germany; and
- Reps who have had close contact with anyone who has arrived in Singapore for less than 14 days from China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Iran, Italy, France, Spain and Germany.
Visitor restriction at Income premises
- Visitors to Income premises must continue to complete a health and travel declaration form. Visitors who have travelled to the following countries within the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter Income premises: China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Iran, Italy, France, Spain and Germany.
- Visitors who are unwell or exhibit respiratory symptoms will also be denied entry to Income’s premises.
Split-team operations to be strictly observed
- As Income staff continue to observe split-team operations strictly, please continue to restrict your movement between Income offices.
- MOH has emphasised that social distancing is a critical factor in slowing the transmission of the virus. Try to limit prolonged close contact when carrying out meetings where possible.
As the situation remains uncertain and is expected to last for a while, we ask that you continue to stay vigilant and keep your guards up to protect yourself, your family and friends, and the people around you. Practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands often, avoid crowds where possible, and please seek medical attention as soon as possible if you feel unwell.
Tan Chuan How
Chief Agency Officer
Back to all reps advisories