Read up on our FAQs below.
What are the benefit extensions?
All insured persons under Income's PA Assurance with Infectious Disease cover, Personal Accident Infectious Disease, i50 Insurance or PA Secure will have their benefits automatically extended to include COVID-19 until 31 December 2021.
The extensions will provide insured persons with the following:
Maximum benefit (S$) per insured person
Pays a lump sum benefit if insured contracts COVID-19 and passes away within 12 months due to COVID-19 from date of diagnosis
Daily hospital income
Pays a daily cash benefit if insured is hospitalised as an inpatient due to COVID-19
$100 per day
(up to 30 days)
- This COVID-19 benefit extensions cover will be valid until 31 December 2021 at no additional cost;
- There is no waiting period for this COVID-19 benefit extensions;
- You have to contract, be diagnosed with and hospitalised in Singapore due to COVID-19 for the benefits to be applicable. We will deem you to have contracted COVID-19 overseas if you travelled overseas within 30 days of the date of diagnosis.
- There is no cover for the benefit extensions if you are confirmed by Ministry of Health (MOH) or the hospital to have COVID-19 before the commencement of your new i50 insurance, PA Secure, or PA Assurance policy with infectious disease cover or before 17 February 2020; whichever is later. This includes knowing or reasonably knowing that you have COVID-19 or where the COVID-19 symptoms have already existed before 17 February 2020 or before the commencement of your new plan (if you sign up for a new one or upgraded your PA Assurance plan);
- There is also no cover for the benefit extensions if you are under quarantine, serving a Stay Home Notice (SHN), Leave of Absence (as directed by MOH), or any other stay order issued by MOH or under the Infectious Diseases (COVID-19 — Stay Orders) Regulations 2020, before the commencement of your new plan (if you sign up for a new one or upgraded your PA Assurance plan); and
- The benefit extensions are also subject to the same PA Assurance, Personal Accident Infectious Disease (PAID), PA Secure or i50 Insurance terms and conditions; whichever is applicable.
- We reserve the right to make changes to or withdraw these benefit extensions at any time without any prior notice.
Who are eligible for the COVID-19 benefit extensions and how can I enjoy it?
All insured persons under Income's PA Assurance with Infectious Disease cover, Personal Accident Infectious Disease, PA Secure or i50 Insurance policies will be covered against COVID-19 with effect from today until 31 December 2021.
PA Assurance policyholders who do not have the Infectious Disease cover have the option of applying for an upgrade of the plan to include the Infectious Disease cover as long as the insured persons have not contracted COVID-19.
If you wish to find out more, sign up for, or upgrade to PA Assurance with Infectious Disease cover, please call your adviser or contact our Customer Service Officers at 6788 1111 (Monday to Friday; 9.00am to 6.00pm). The COVID-19 benefit will be automatically included into your new plan.
I have a PA Assurance policy, but not the Infectious Disease cover. Can I add the Infectious Disease cover to my PA Assurance policy now?
Yes, PA Assurance policyholders who do not have the Infectious Disease cover have the option of applying for an upgrade of the plan to include the Infectious Disease cover. Please call your adviser or contact our Customer Service Officers at 6788 1111 (Monday-Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm).
The 14-day waiting period from the date of the upgrade applies for all infectious diseases with the exception of COVID-19.
If I have contracted COVID-19, will I still be eligible for the COVID-19 benefits if I purchase either a PA Assurance plan or upgrade my plan to include an Infectious Disease cover now?
You will not be eligible for the COVID-19 benefits if MOH or the hospital has confirmed that you have contracted COVID-19 before 17 February 2020 or at the time of commencement of your policy or upgraded cover, whichever is later. This includes exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or being a suspect case, e.g. advised or referred by a doctor to get tested for COVID-19, before 17 February 2020 or the commencement of the PA Assurance plan with Infectious Disease cover.
I am currently under quarantine / required to stay home with a 5-day MC / serving a Stay Home Notice (SHN) / Leave of Absence (as directed by MOH). If I buy the policy now and subsequently get diagnosed with COVID-19, will I still be eligible for the COVID-19 benefits?
No, you will not be eligible regardless of whether you were exhibiting symptoms before you purchased the policy.
Will I be paid the Daily Hospital Cash benefit if my hospitalisation due to COVID-19 continues past 31 December 2021?
Yes, you will receive the Daily Hospital Cash benefit if your hospitalisation for treatment of COVID-19 begins on or before 31 December 2021. We will continue to provide you the Daily Hospital Cash payout until you are discharged from the hospital or up to 30 days; whichever comes first.
Does the Infectious Disease cover apply for hospitalisation at all hospitals in Singapore?
You will be covered by the Infections Disease cover, including for COVID-19, if you are hospitalised in any restructured hospital / public or private hospital in Singapore, including the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID). However, you will not be eligible for the Daily Hospital Cash benefit under the Infectious Disease cover if you are hospitalised in a Community Hospital.
I was hospitalised for suspected COVID-19, but the tests eventually came back negative. Will I receive the Daily Hospital Cash benefit for the duration of my hospitalisation?
No. You will be eligible for the Daily Hospital Cash benefit only if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
What if I am diagnosed with COVID-19 and hospitalised for treatment overseas?
You must be diagnosed with COVID-19 and hospitalised in Singapore to be eligible for the COVID-19 benefits.
How is an insured person covered for Accidental Death with the COVID-19 benefit extensions?
Income will provide a one-time payout of $10,000 if the insured passes away due to COVID-19, on top of any other benefit he or she may have according to his policy.
For example, an insured person who has PA Assurance Plan 1 with Infectious Disease cover passes away, he/she will receive the following payout depending on the cause:
i. Accidental Death due only to an accident: $100,000
ii. Accidental Death due only to an infectious disease: $100,000
iii. Accidental Death due only to COVID-19: $10,000
If in a year, he or she meets with permanent total disability due to an accident and passes away as a result of COVID-19 within 12 months, he or she will receive a payout of $10,000 for Accidental Death due to COVID-19 on top of the $150,000 for Permanent Disability with the accident benefit.
How is an insured person covered for Daily Hospital Cash benefit with the COVID-19 benefits?
If an insured person who has PA Assurance Plan 1 with Infectious Disease cover meets with the following in 1 year:
Contracts COVID-19 on 1 March 2020 and was hospitalised for 20 days, he/she will receive a Daily Hospital Cash payout of:
$100 per day x 20 days = $2,000
Meets with an accident on 20 September 2020 and was hospitalised for 15 days, he/she will also receive a Daily Hospital Cash payout of:
$100 per day x 15 days = $1,500
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared COVID-19 a pandemic. How does this affect the validity of the benefit extensions?
Although our i50 Insurance, PA Assurance, PA Secure and Personal Accident Infectious Disease (PAID) policies excludes cover for any infectious disease which has been announced as a pandemic by the WHO, this exclusion will not apply for the COVID-19 benefit extensions. You’ll continue to enjoy coverage against COVID-19 until 31 December 2021 as long as your PA Assurance with Infectious Disease cover, PA Secure, i50 Insurance or PAID policy is in force.