Frequently Asked Questions
Complete Cancer Care
Q:What is Complete Cancer Care?A:
Complete Cancer Care is a non-participating, regular premium term plan which provides protection against major cancer (early, intermediate and advanced stage). It also provides premium waiver benefit, monthly cancer therapy benefit, guaranteed post-cancer cover option, cancer hospice care benefit and death benefit. This policy cannot be cashed in.
Major Cancer Benefit
Q:What is the major cancer beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon diagnosis of the insured with an early, intermediate or advanced stage of major cancer by a specialist during the term of the policy, the Major Cancer Benefit will be paid according to the selected option shown in the table. The total payout of this benefit will not exceed 100% of the sum assured. The option must be selected at policy inception and cannot be changed thereafter.
Stages of Major Cancer Option Care 50 Care 100 Early Stage or Intermediate Stage 50% of sum assured 100% of sum assured Advanced Stage 100% of sum assured
If you have selected Care 50, any payment made for early or intermediate stage of major cancer benefit will reduce any payout for advanced stage by the same amount. The early or intermediate stage of major cancer benefit can only be claimed once. This benefit will end when payment is made for advanced stage of major cancer. If you have selected Care 100, this benefit will end when payment is made for any of the 3 stages of major cancer. The policy will continue even if this benefit ends.
A waiting period of 90 days will apply from the cover start date for Major Cancer Benefit.
Please refer to the policy contract for the full deﬁnition of early, intermediate and advanced stage of major cancer and the circumstances in which the insured can make a claim.
Premium Waiver Beneﬁt
Q:What is the premium waiver beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon diagnosis of the insured with an early, intermediate or advanced stage of major cancer by a specialist during the term of the policy, the premium waiver benefit will start and future premium payments do not have to be paid according to your selected option shown in the table.
Stages of Major Cancer Waiver Period Care 50 Care 100 Early Stage or Intermediate Stage Up to 60 months or end of policy term, whichever is earlier and you will have to pay premiums thereafter. Waive till the end of the policy term Advanced Stage Waive till the end of the policy term
The premium waiver benefit for early or intermediate stage major cancer can only be claimed once.
The premium waiver will start from the policy month immediately after the diagnosis date of the major cancer.
The policy will continue to apply for the remaining unclaimed benefits (as if premiums have been paid) during this period even though the policyholder is not paying premiums.
A waiting period of 90 days will apply from the cover start date for Premium Waiver Benefit.
Monthly Cancer Therapy Benefit
Q:What is the monthly cancer therapy beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon diagnosis of the insured with major cancer by a specialist and recommended in writing that treatment is a necessary medical treatment for cancer according to relevant guidelines from Ministry of Health, this Monthly Cancer Therapy Benefit will be payable accordingly to the selected option for Major Cancer Benefit upon start of the cancer treatment. The payout for each stage of major cancer is as per the table below:
Stages of Major Cancer Number of monthly payouts Option Care 50 Care 100 Early Stage or Intermediate Stage Up to 12 0.5% of sum assured 1% of sum assured Advanced Stage Up to 24
The first payment will start from the policy month immediately after the cancer treatment start date. Cancer Treatment means any of the following treatments for each stage of major cancer:
- Cell, Tissue or Gene Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
The list of cancer treatment above is subject to change. The treatment must:
- be provided in line with generally accepted standards of good medical practice in Singapore, be consistent with current standards of professional medical care, and have proven medical benefits;
- not be for the convenience of the insured or registered medical practitioner or specialist, this includes but is not limited to treatment that can reasonably be provided out of a hospital but is provided as an inpatient treatment;
- not be for investigation or research, this includes but is not limited to experimental or new physiotherapy, medical techniques or surgical techniques, medical devices not approved by the Institutional Review Board and the Health Sciences Authority, and medical trials for medicinal products, whether or not these trials have a clinical trial certificate issued by the Health Sciences Authority or similar bodies; and
- must not be preventive, or for health screening or promoting good health, this includes but is not limited to dietary replacement or supplement.
This benefit will not pay more than a total number of 12 payouts for early or intermediate stage major cancer. If the insured has already received payouts during early stage, there will not be further payouts during intermediate stage.
The sum of the total number of payouts for this benefit will not exceed 24 payouts. The number of payouts for the advanced stage major cancer will be 24 less the number of payouts that were already paid for early or intermediate stage major cancer under this benefit.
This benefit will end upon the earliest occurrence of any of the following:
- coverage expiry date;
- death of the insured;
- sum of all payouts exceed maximum claim limit for this benefit;
- upon receiving a total of 24 payments of monthly cancer therapy benefit;
- if any premium for the policy remains unpaid at the end of the grace period;
- your written request and our acceptance of the application to terminate the policy.
The payment of this benefit does not reduce the sum assured.
This benefit will stop making payment immediately upon death of the insured during the period when this benefit is payable.
The maximum amount payable for this benefit is S$60,000 per life.
A waiting period of 90 days will apply from the cover start date for Monthly Cancer Therapy Benefit.
Guaranteed Post-Cancer Cover Option
Q:What is the guaranteed post-cancer cover beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon diagnosis with advanced stage major cancer, the insured may choose to take up a new term policy with only death, terminal illness and total and permanent disability (TPD) benefits on his or her own life, without assessment of health. The waiting period of the new term policy is 2 years. If the insured make a claim on the new term policy during the 2 years of waiting period, we will refund 100% of the premiums paid on the term policy issued under this option.
The sum assured for the new term policy will be limited to:
- 100% of the sum assured for this policy; or
- S$200,000 per life
aggregating policies issued under the guaranteed post-cancer cover option, whichever is lower.
The list of available term policy may vary and is subject to change. The insured must meet all the following conditions to take up this option.
- The insured must take up this option within six months from the date of the claim admittance of the advanced stage major cancer benefit.
- The insured must not have TPD, terminal illness or be diagnosed with an advanced-stage dread disease other than major cancer, at the time of taking up this option.
- The insured must be 60 years old last birthday or under at the time of taking up this option.
Please refer to the policy contract for the exact terms and definitions of advanced-stage dread disease.
A waiting period of 90 days will apply from the cover start date for Guaranteed Post-Cancer Cover Option.
Cancer Hospice Care Beneﬁt
Q:What is the cancer hospice care beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon diagnosis of the insured with terminal cancer by a specialist that palliative care is required, we will pay 10% of the sum assured if any of the following condition is met:
- Insured was recommended in writing and referred by a specialist to be admitted to an inpatient palliative care facility from providers listed by Singapore Hospice Council (SHC) that provides inpatient hospice palliative care services; or
- Insured was recommended in writing and referred by a specialist to engage the home palliative care or day palliative care services from providers listed by SHC.
The insured must be admitted to the inpatient palliative care facility or engaged the home or day palliative care services of the hospice during the term of the policy.
The payment of this benefit does not reduce the sum assured.
A waiting period of 90 days will apply from the cover start date for Cancer Hospice Care Benefit. This benefit will terminate after this payment is made.
Q:What is the non-accidental death beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon death of the insured (due to reasons other than accidental) in the first policy year, 100% of the total premiums paid, less any amount you owe will be payable. Upon death of the insured (due to reasons other than accidental) after the first policy year, the following, less any amount you owe will be payable:
• S$5,000 if insured dies before policy anniversary immediately after the insured reaches age 60 last birthday; or
• S$10,000 if insured dies on or after policy anniversary immediately after insured age of 60 last birthday. The policy will end when we make this payment. We will not pay any further benefits.
Accidental Death Beneﬁt
Q:What is the accidental death beneﬁt payable?A:
Upon accidental death of the insured during the term of the policy, 100% of the sum assured less any amount you owe will be paid, provided that the insured does not take part in a restricted activity at the time of the accident and the cause of the accidental death must not be excluded.
If the insured was taking part in a restricted activity at the time of accident, 30% of the sum assured less any amount you owe will be paid.
If the cause of accidental death is excluded, the Death Benefit (Non-Accidental) will be payable. The accidental death benefit will only be paid if death happens within 365 days of the accident. If the insured is also covered for accidental death benefit under any policies which have been issued by us, the total accidental death benefit due under all these policies cannot be more than S$5 million (excluding bonuses). In this case the amount due under the earlier policies will first be taken into account, and then pay out only an amount to bring the total payments to S$5 million (excluding bonuses).
The policy will end when we make this payment. We will not pay any further benefits.
Q:What are the exclusion(s) for major cancer benefit, premium waiver benefit, monthly cancer therapy benefit, guaranteed post-cancer cover option and cancer hospice care benefit?A:
We will not pay the benefit if the claim arises from:
- deliberate acts such as self-inflicted injuries, illnesses or attempted suicide;
- deliberate misuse of drugs or alcohol;
- acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), AIDS-related complex or infection by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV);
- all stages of major cancer, where the insured suffered symptoms of, had investigated for, or was diagnosed with the disease any time before or within 90 days from the cover start date.
We will not pay the benefit where the insured did not survive for 30 days after diagnosis.
The benefit is also not payable if the insured has a material pre-existing condition which was not disclosed upon application of this policy.
"Material pre-existing condition" means any condition that existed before the cover start date which would have reasonably affected our decision to accept your application and for which:
- the insured had symptoms that would have caused any sensible person to get medical treatment, advice or care;
- treatment was recommended by or received from a medical practitioner; or the insured had medical tests or investigations.
Cover start date means the date we issue the policy, issue an endorsement to include or increase a benefit, or reinstate the policy, whichever is the latest.
Q:What are the exclusion(s) for accidental death benefit?A:
The accidental death benefit will not be paid if the death arises directly or indirectly from:
• deliberate acts such as self-inflicted injuries, suicide or attempted suicide;
• unlawful acts, provoked assault or deliberate exposure to danger;
• the effects of alcohol, drugs or any dependence;
• illnesses, psychological conditions or eating disorders;
• heat stroke;
• a bad reaction to drugs or medication;
• the effects of viruses (for example, dengue), bacteria or diseases;
• the negative effects or complications of medical and surgical care;
• treatments aimed at improving appearance, such as cosmetic surgery or any treatment relating to a previous cosmetic treatment;
• radiation or contamination from radioactivity;
• being in any aircraft, except as a fare-paying passenger in a commercial aircraft, or during military operations in peacetime;
• military, air force or naval operations, except when carried out in peacetime;
• warlike operations (whether war is declared or not), war, invasion, riot or any similar event;
• an accident which happens outside of Singapore; if the insured has been outside Singapore for more than 180 days in a row at the time of the accident; or
• an act of terrorism.
Cash Value and Bonuses
Q:Is there any cash value for the policy?A:
No, there is no cash value for this policy.
Q: Is the policy eligible for any bonus?A:
No, this policy is not eligible for any bonus as this is a non-participating policy.
Eligibility and Premium Payments
Q:What are the minimum and maximum entry ages?A:
Minimum Entry Age (last birthday) Maximum Entry Age (last birthday) Insured 0 74 Policyholder 16 N.A.
Q:What is the minimum and maximum sum assured for this policy?A:
The minimum sum assured is S$50,000.
The maximum sum assured for 0 age last birthday – 15 age last birthday is S$100,000.
The maximum sum assured for 16 age last birthday and above is S$250,000.
The insured may choose any amount in multiples of $10,000.
Q:What are the premium frequencies available?A:
The premiums can be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
Q:What is the policy term and is there guaranteed renewal?A:
The policy term is 10 years, after which the policy will be renewed for another 10 years based on the following conditions:
- If you have selected Care 50 and no claim is made on premium waiver benefit for advanced stage major cancer and insured is below age 75 last birthday at the time the policy is due for renewal; or
- If you have selected Care 100 and no claim is made on premium waiver benefit and before insured reaches age 75 last birthday at the time the policy is due for renewal.
Q:Is the premium payable for this policy guaranteed?A:
Premium rates are not guaranteed and we will give a written notice before we make any change. The premium rates are level throughout the premium payment term.
Q:Can I use funds in Central Provident Fund (CPF) or Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) to buy this policy?A:
No, you can only use cash to buy this policy.
Q:Can I backdate my policy?A:
Backdating is allowed if all of the conditions are met:
- The backdating is for a traditional individual (savings or protection) life policy paying regular premium or single premium. Backdating for investment-linked policy and annuity policy is not allowed;
- The backdating results in a lower premium or higher protection value due to a lower entry age;
- The policy is backdated to a date up to one day before the Insured’s last birthday and it must be within 6 months from date of receipt of application by Income; and
- Backdating of policy to a date before the launch date of the main plan or rider is not allowed.
Q:What is the notification period to affected policyholders if Income were to make material changes to the product features that are subject to review?A:
Our standard practice is to provide at least 30 days written notice to affected policyholders if we are to make material changes to product features that are subject to review.